Beachy Keen

Beachy Keen

Friday, August 20, 2010

There's a snake in my boots!!!!!!



Well actually in the toy box....Can you hear the screaming that ensued? I was having the kids organize their lego/playmobil box, and this handsome feller slithered out. AGGGHHH!!! I forgot to mention my kids carried the box from our basement to our family room. I swear had I carried and dumped that thing out my troops would be planning my memorial service right now.


In the words of my Grandma, "It's always nice to have a man around" was she a wise woman or what?


This rat snake at least has good taste in music, he got himself all twisted and stuck through a coldplay album. I think his least favorite tune is clocks, why? Because he knew his time was ticking away.


Dear brave EmmaScott


My other snake wrangler. This is the fifth snake they've caught this summer, but our first and hopefully last in the house.


Sullivan thouroughly enjoys giving me heart failure, he likes to throw pieces of black cord or rubber at my feet, he's even so sweet to leave me our last catch in my tomato plants knowing I was about to go weed.


As much as I wanted to do bodily harm to this prankster, I am sure glad to have this young man around.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Ashely. I would have DIED. What kind of snake is it? Love your blog, it's so fun to stay in touch this way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I don't know much about snakes, but we think it's a rat or chicken snake (maybe thats the same thing)all I know is it wasn't poisonous.
    I'm so bummed I can't come w/ Scott to Gregs wedding, We're moving that week back to CA so I have to finish getting things in order. Anyway I look forward to seeing you all soon, we'll be staying at Scotts moms house just up the block from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.MY.WORD. this gave me the heebie-jeebies!

    disgusting, i can't get over it. i would move if i found a snake like that inside my house.

    ReplyDelete